It finally happened you guys, my oldest ate chicken wings! I’ve been making them since I got my air fryer for Christmas and 3 of the 4 of us will gobble them down like nobody’s business. But she’s always the one who says she doesn’t like wings so she won’t dare try one.
I usually do lemon pepper for the younger two and for myself I just like them with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder. I’m also a fan of dry wings, I don’t like all the saucy mess of a hot wing. But last night I decided to try a garlic Parmesan wing recipe that my son got all googly eyed over when we saw it on TV. I noticed the recipe called for half of a ranch seasoning packet so I had an idea and it worked!
Here’s what the recipe calls for with a different cooking method than the original recipe by : foodnetwork.com
Lemon Pepper Wing Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 1 ounce Envelope Dried Ranch Seasoning
- Pat wings dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set the air fryer to 375 and cook the wings for 25 minutes, flipping them over at about the last 5 minute mark.
- Bump the heat up to 400 and continue cooking for 5 more minutes to get them nice and crispy. While the wings cook for the last 5 minutes, melt the butter.
- In a separate bowl mix the Parmesan, ranch seasoning and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Once wings are done, toss them in the melted butter then in the Parmesan mixture.
My 13 year old loves to eat popcorn with a butter and ranch seasoning drizzle. So when I saw that the recipe for the wings called for ranch seasoning, I had an idea to make small bowl of 2 tablespoons of melted butter and ranch seasoning to drop her wings into. They were pretty darn good and she actually asked for more.
Oh and one more thing about this dinner that I love…I usually make enough for leftovers and my son will take them to school for lunch. Keep in mind that he is the one I never have a clue of what to feed for lunch since he doesn’t eat sandwiches or anything a normal child would bring for lunch. Chicken wings for the win!